3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 oranges, zested
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (optional)
3/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup toasted almonds, coarsely ground
2 tblsp sliced blanched almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Combine the honey and sugar together in a large bowl and whip until light with an electric mixer on high speed, about 2-3 minutes; set aside. Add the egg, oil and orange zest and continue to beat until mixed; set aside.
- Combine the orange juice and optional Grand Marnier in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, stir in the nuts then alternately add the flour and orange juice mixtures to the honey batter; stir to mix after each addition.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9”x5” loaf pan and bake 60 minutes.